What's flying over your house

David Pearce 4

Nothing dramatic such as the Antonov.

Here, it is the time of thousands of Geese. Being awake at 04:00 hrs, I was surprised that I could hear Geese flying over in the darkness. Everything else is normal traffic, many light aircraft of various manufacture, along with what only can be Typhoons, as really seen (other than an occasional triangle), clearly heard, having just taken of.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mk 26 "Spitfire" just went over, low and loud - by the time I got to the door with the camera he was about a mile away and launched into a short sequence of gentle aeros and steep turns. Too far away to get any worthwhile pictures any better than a distant silhouette. I'll nab him one day though.

Last week I had a flight of 4 Mirages and separately a couple of F16s. As Indian Mirages and Belgian F16s are currently at Waddington on exercise I guess that is what they were. Haven't seen the Swiss F18s that are supposedly there yet. None of these showed on Flightradar and as they were pretty low I guess they were on VFR as it was a sunny day.

Had a US Blackhawk this morning, DUKE51 according to Flightradar24.

Nicely different from the usual Typhoons, Ospreys and F15s.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of F35s were doing some intercepts over the village last night - relatively slowly, and doing some tight turns,  Spent 15 mins standing on the wall watching them like a schoolboy. My wife was excited watching them through the bedroom window.

First time I've seen one 'live'.  Wonder if that's what whooshed over low and fast about 30 mins previous......