Who's flying today then ?

kevin b

Looks like the rest of the U.K is getting the weather we have had locally so far this year.

Getting plenty of work done on the new model though. Hull and superstructure are ready for painting and the cabin doors have been fitted.

Think the next model might be an Ark !

• 9 months later...

I had my first flight at 8:00 - grey and miserable, although relatively mild. I think flinging my Alt DLG about helped in that respect.

Maidened my Winner chuck glider (felt 10 again!), maidened my CrackWing, added a few to the flight logs of my F4U, Wots Wot, C-Ray, and Viper.

Had grey skies, blue skies, rain, breezes from negligent to quite stiff. Lovely time, home by 11:00.

Cold and raining now.... but looking good for a few days from Friday, in between sleet (!) showers...

GG

Typical !

I've been unable to visit my club for 8 weeks due to travel restrictions. During this time the weather had been perfect for flying; blue skies, comfortably warm, no wind, etc. with only a few unflyable days.

The travel restrictions were lifted on Tuesday: I awoke to find a cloak of dense fog across the countryside which persisted for most of the day. Yesterday, the fog had disappeared only to be replaced by strong winds of which had been absent during the entirety of the previous 8 weeks.

Today, if it warms up a little, looks a little more promising. I may just have an opportunity to fly later this afternoon. The forecast for the following days into the weekend is gradually worsening.

Typical !

Edited By Steve Colman on 03/12/2020 08:06:52

Two of us enjoyed a gorgeous day yesterday up here in god's own country, with light winds and bright blue sky smile d. Great to be able to flex the mind and fingers, unfortunately normal service resumes with grey and wet weather for the next few days.

It’s Thursday Dec 3rd today and raining again here in Hertfordshire adding more water to our sodden clay soil.
We opened our club up yesterday Dec 2nd and I managed quite a few flights on my Acrowot XL. I enjoyed quite a few flights but had to clear mud spray off the plane between them.. I’m pleased I had brought wellies! It was interesting flying in the colder air and noticing the effects on the plane... later on we stopped as light wet almost misty rain descended...

It was certainly rather cold both for the hands and the engines. In these conditions we didn’t want to be fiddling with tuning in the cold propeller wash. . My Laser180 needed a starter motor as it was just 5degrees temp or less and the 5% nitro content in the methanol fuel isn’t quite enough to pop at that temperature. However it immediately burst into life with application of the starter motor.

I think the Seaplane feature in this this month’s RCM&E is quite apt...I’m sure Brian’s ultimate Biplane would still fly amazingly well with floats 😊.

Edited By Tim Flyer on 03/12/2020 09:34:59