Adverts

Advert

11 minutes ago, Ace said:

Those with issues is there a common denominator ?

Personally I only see a banner top & bottom with nothing at all in-between. PC - Windows  10 - 64 bit - Chrome.

Yes - we're all seeing the advert. 😉

Like I said it's not positioned on the actual page, when you click on the first thread of a visit, the page is greyed out and the pop-up for a Google ad occupies the centre of the screen.

PC - Windows 10 - 64 Bit - Google Chrome.

Edited by leccyflyer

41 minutes ago, leccyflyer said:

when you click on the first thread of a visit, the page is greyed out and the pop-up for a Google ad occupies the centre of the screen.

Clarification - No I don't get any of that.  Did a while ago but nothing since Mortons changed things back after the original complaints.

15 hours ago, Ace said:

Clarification - No I don't get any of that.  Did a while ago but nothing since Mortons changed things back after the original complaints.

Didn't - but now as of this morning (Sun) I am also receiving these intrusive adds on opening. Hopefully JS has a result 🤞

I have started getting full page adds when i selct a thread. Not every time but its becoming more frequent . Some of the adds seem to have the delete "x" hidden making it tricky to get back to the chosen thread. Just a bit irritating at the moment but as already said its b3coming more frequent.

Just hit the back button. No need to click on Close, or anything to do with the Pop-Up. I don't click on those, as there's no telling whether it will open, close, direct you to your Google ads preferences, switch off the lights, start the kettle going or turn on the central heating, so I leave well alone!

• 1 month later...

Having random problems moving to the next page in some threads, on the next page I am only getting the mahooooosive RCME Subscribe banner ad displayed and no posts. Coming out of the thread then back in it has been sorting it for me.

Darker theme, chrome on an iPhone 👍

Edited by PDB

Yep, same for me, page back RCME banner, refresh clears, forward RCME banner, refresh clears. 🤬

Just checked and still on the darker setting which I prefer as it fills the screen better.

Someone has had a fiddle 🤔

Edited by Ace
Settings check

All these adverts for RCM&E, Subscribe, get your copy etc are beginning to make me think that I may not renew my subscription when it is due. Why does the management think that subscribers are likely to enjoy the ads and follow the ads exhortation. Frankly it is an annoying waste of space and is having a negative effect .

• Thanks 1