3pm mobile alarm

cymaz

Advert

8 mobiles in my cottage at the time, 1 minute to 3 my wife's alarm went off then at various times in the next 15 mins 5 others went off including my daughter's 2x. So the conclusion we came to was that both me and my daughter in law will be cannon fodder whilst the others will be afforded the luxury of the bunker.

Mine went off a couple of seconds before my wife’s.  We’re with different providers. 

As I understand it, the Doomsday scenario isn’t the main intended use but it could be targeted at localised events such as flooding, chemical escapes, dangerous fugitives etc. 

Ron - could your phone be using WiFi to augment it’s mobile connection?

14 minutes ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

Mine went off a couple of seconds before my wife’s.  We’re with different providers. 

As I understand it, the Doomsday scenario isn’t the main intended use but it could be targeted at localised events such as flooding, chemical escapes, dangerous fugitives etc. 😂

Ron - could your phone be using WiFi to augment it’s mobile connection?

If that was the case why wasn't this  implemented 2 or 3 years ago,funny now that this is being promoted against the backdrop of the rising international tensions, as regards dangerous fugitives has Borris ,Farage, and the ERG been  allowed out again😂

• Haha 1

Both my wife and I are on Vodaphone 3G and neither of us got the alarm.  I think the idea is a good one.  If such a thing had been available in 1953 perhaps fewer would have died in the huge East coast floods that year.  After all isn't that what the air raid sirens were for during WW2?

For much of my 28years as a Coastguard rescue officer our little station where rescue equipment and truck was kept had a strange black box high on the wall. We were told this was the three minute warning system of impending nuclear attack. Never heard it sound [glad of that] but were never told what we should do with that 3 minutes [ if we had happened to be in the station]  There were some interesting suggestions from the team like boil an egg and others that can not be mentioned here.:classic_wink:

SAM_1067.JPG

3 minutes ago, J D 8 said:

For much of my 28years as a Coastguard rescue officer our little station where rescue equipment and truck was kept had a strange black box high on the wall. We were told this was the three minute warning system of impending nuclear attack. Never heard it sound [glad of that] but were never told what we should do with that 3 minutes [ if we had happened to be in the station]  There were some interesting suggestions from the team like boil an egg and others that can not be mentioned here.:classic_wink:

SAM_1067.JPG

Ask Roger Bannister to run 3/4 mile?

• Like 1

Yes - the WB1400 was fitted in all sorts of public buildings, emergency service locations, schools etc. There was a volume control for muting the monitoring “tick”.

I remember it as a 4 minute warning - if it was 3 minutes in Pembrokeshire then perhaps the threat may have been coming from an unexpected direction!  Fortunately we never had to test its effectiveness…

• Like 1