We value your privacy pop-up on every page!!

On 06/01/2024 at 17:52, Tim Kearsley said:

It's a forum about toy aeroplanes, not some business-critical, life-supporting system, calm down for goodness sake!

Having said this a couple of days ago I do have to say that I think it's a pretty poor show that the problem is still there.  Come on someone, finger out and all that.

Edited by Tim Kearsley
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, leccyflyer said:

It doesn't make any difference whether you Customize, Reject All Cookies of Accept All cookies, or even just close the pop up - it'll still come back on the next page.

Brave browser has sorted it for me. Also strips out those annoying Youtube adverts at the beginning and interspaced.  Somebody in this form put me on to it.

On 05/01/2024 at 14:07, Graham Bowers said:

The Brave browser on my desktop doesn't seem to be bothered by whatever's wrong, and allowed me to post this - if it works ;-)

I just downloaded Brave browser on to my phone and yes....no annoying pop up.

Ken Anderson....ne..1...BB dept.

2 hours ago, Tim Kearsley said:

Having said this a couple of days ago I do have to say that I think it's a pretty poor show that the problem is still there.  Come on someone, finger out and all that.

When the Laser site went down i very quickly discovered that whinging about it didnt fix it. No matter how many incredulous modellers called or emailed to whinge it did not matter and the website remained broken as, apparently, whinging is not a cure for broken websites. Who knew? Being aware of the problem with the website i told the tech people, and while the tech people did...something, it remained broken until they were done hacking the matrix or whatever it was they did. This took many weeks as it was a bit of a dogs dinner and our web host is rubbish. 

Whinging will not fix it so why dont we just leave it alone? If my experience is anything to go by it is not in the least bit constructive and will only serve to cheese off those who are probably working hard to rectify the problem. It will take as long as it takes. They knew it was broken after the first handful of posts. The 3 following pages of whinging is not helping anyone. 

• Like 6

Actually Jon I think it is important to complain!   It is better if the website owners know that users continue to be unhappy rather than  the forum members just disappear to some other site.    

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kc said:

Actually Jon I think it is important to complain!   It is better if the website owners know that users continue to be unhappy rather than  the forum members just disappear to some other site.    

No, its not. In fact its just rude and selfish. The mods know its broken, they are working on fixing it. What more needs to be said? I am sure their attention span is sufficient to remember they need to fix it and perpetual whinging will not enhance their mood or increase their speed. 

Its a popup, a tiny insignificant window that chills out in the corner of the screen. Just ignore it. I cant even begin to understand why this is such a big problem. The thought of anyone being so fragile that a malfunctioning popup on a toy aeroplane forum is causing such distress that they might leave is utterly ludicrous to me. Honestly what's next? Tears at Tesco as your favourite brand of biscuit has been out of stock for a few days due to floods? The staff perplexed as you sniffle out of the door saying you are going to Sainsburys from now on. 

Its just pathetic. 

2 minutes ago, ken anderson. said:

its part of being British...Complaining...

ken anderson....ne....1..compaints dept.

Im complaining about complaining, so do i get double points? 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Jon - Laser Engines said:

No, its not. In fact its just rude and selfish. The mods know its broken, they are working on fixing it. What more needs to be said? I am sure their attention span is sufficient to remember they need to fix it and perpetual whinging will not enhance their mood or increase their speed. 

Its a popup, a tiny insignificant window that chills out in the corner of the screen. Just ignore it. I cant even begin to understand why this is such a big problem. The thought of anyone being so fragile that a malfunctioning popup on a toy aeroplane forum is causing such distress that they might leave is utterly ludicrous to me. Honestly what's next? Tears at Tesco as your favourite brand of biscuit has been out of stock for a few days due to floods? The staff perplexed as you sniffle out of the door saying you are going to Sainsburys from now on. 

Its just pathetic. 

stop complaining  naughty Jon....... 

ken anderson....ne...1...red card for Jon dept.

6 minutes ago, Jon - Laser Engines said:

Its just pathetic. 

Glad you said it, some of the posters are being seriously pathetic. 👍

• Like 1

On 06/01/2024 at 22:11, Tim Kearsley said:

Depends what you mean by "younger".  I'm 68 years old! 😁

I was right.   😂

I'm not much older (1 year), but I don't remember rubber powered servos so that apparently classes me as a "spotty yoof" in most aeromodelling circles.

Regarding the pop up. It started on Thursday and everybody knows IT people don't work on Fridays (and sometimes Mondays) so don't expect it to get fixed until at least Wednesday.

OIP (1).jpg

• Like 1

When I first worked in IT, we were second-line support for branches, and, apparently, lots of branches wouldn't call us on a Friday because they knew that Thursday night was 'party night' so we'd not be at our best....

I can neither confirm nor deny Thursday night was indeed 'party night'. 

This was in the 80s. Post Y2K, we were 100% professional.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To complain, or not to complain. Personally, I think yes. And it's not just an English trait or a bad trait either. On the contrary, many British don't like to complain. In actual fact I'm amazed how many people moan about a particular restaurant, but didn't complain at the time they were eating their meal. They simply never go back. I also think that, because the forum is free for us to use, it somehow diminishes the inconvenience or excuses the error. Let's put it this way, if the problem were never to be fixed then I would be on my merry way. The question is therefore, how long am I prepared to put up with it. The forum owners created the site, so there must be something in it for them. Would they prefer we all just abandoned it and they simply shut it down.

It occurred to me that I sometimes disagree with a post, such as criticizing those of us who complain. Can I ask the moderators if we can have an additional quick emoticon to express disagreement, rather than a 'like' or 'ha ha'. Moreover, that each 'I disagree' negates a 'like'. Just a suggestion. Then you can disagree with this post without having to type a response. 🤔

Edited by Futura57