Warbirds Replicas Hawker Tempest V -Mass Build 2024(part two) .

All of the small additions from the prototype have been recorded in the files for cutting the kits . 

Phill the Kit cutter is grumbling about having to actually make some , but that is entirely normal . 

Green Graham has been finishing off the drawing so we are very close now . I might do two batches in a series of say two weeks . Ideally those that are actually going to lead the charge and are ready to start , could you please pm me . Those that are happy to watch the other get a couple of weeks head start , sit on your hands . 

Here are a couple of pictures of the great Guru in action . 

Its not all work though . 

IMG_6856.jpg

IMG_6857.jpg

IMG_6858.jpg

IMG_6859.jpg

IMG_6860.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

I'd hoped to have both the FW190 and Tempest completed in time for the 80th Anniversary of D-Day on 6th June, but since I haven't even started the FW190 yet, with the best will in the world that isn't going to happen, given the snail's pace that I usually build at. Have been supposed to have started the FW190 as soon as I'd cleared the bench, more than a month ago, but the Hurricane fix up has dragged on, with it taking forever due to airbrushing the markings and getting diverted onto some glider repairs for a slope competition which was cancelled.

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, leccyflyer said:

I'd hoped to have both the FW190 and Tempest completed in time for the 80th Anniversary of D-Day on 6th June, but since I haven't even started the FW190 yet, with the best will in the world that isn't going to happen, given the snail's pace that I usually build at. Have been supposed to have started the FW190 as soon as I'd cleared the bench, more than a month ago, but the Hurricane fix up has dragged on, with it taking forever due to airbrushing the markings and getting diverted onto some glider repairs for a slope competition which was cancelled.

Well you could get your schedule back on track , if you opened the Tempest and 190 boxes at the same time and built one with the right hand and the other with the left . 

Probably end up with a Sea Fury as previously mentioned😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Playing catch up as having moved and retired in the last 2 weeks. 

First batch batch will do me as I can test out the old building board in the new location 🙂 

I'll pm you with the new address! 

All looking very good there!

Oh you house elves .....

John means he chooses to be in the first batch , and that his building skills are like mine , intermittent . (although his Spitfire turned out a treat ) 

Anyway John , you're in the first batch . It'll be like the first world war . I'll blow the whistle and you gallant lads will be up and at "em "

I'll be putting the kettle on .😁