Sign of the times - funnies * Remember this is a family friendly forum and inappropriate postings will be removed without warning.

ken anderson.

13 hours ago, Peter Miller said:

I drove Reliants from about 1970 onwards.  I had my Rialto up to 80 on a straight road. Never frightened myself...unlike motor bikes.My bikes, well one was my show bike that built in the very late 60s

906463457_sunbeammc.thumb.jpg.e3d67ea1c37d224f3f36fd00b91796e9.jpg

Parts of it look familar, can tou give us some info please Peter

Bas

Advert

This is not a pose for the camera. It is genuinely how my son sits on my sofa when he visits. I wonder if gravity is inverted in the corner of my room 🙄 I get nervous when he goes to the bathroom. Reminds me of the spoof Airplane movie when the stewardess tells the passengers to assume crash positions. 🤣

20240428_175911.thumb.jpg.3f1147580b3a5cd1e4a07448b781a090.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, leccyflyer said:

a18275273-120-Screenshot_20240430_192638_Gallery.jpg

I can't understand the need for Expo..

It is obvious......... If you don't want the control to move so far..........Don't move the stick so far.

But then I learned when a TX had two sticks, four trim levers and an on-off switch

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peter Miller said:

I can't understand the need for Expo..

It is obvious......... If you don't want the control to move so far..........Don't move the stick so far.

But then I learned when a TX had two sticks, four trim levers and an on-off switch

When you have hands that don't always work as you would wish then expo to provide a dead(ish) band between elevator and aileron (Mode 2) can be very useful.  I am such a person.  Despite being naturally right-handed, I can use neither a spray can nor a computer mouse in my right-hand, for example. 

23 hours ago, Brian Cooper said:

IMG_2691.thumb.jpeg.05b2097d9f15f3f7c05ba06af80c6e6b.jpeg

This happened at a firm I worked for, the mechanic was fitting a new shaft to his hammer. It was too big to fit in the head so he started reducing it on the grind stone, his apprentice asked why there was no sparks. With a look of horror the mechanic said well spotted, go to the stores and ask for a box of blue sparks, which he did. He never lived it down.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Robson said:

This happened at a firm I worked for, the mechanic was fitting a new shaft to his hammer. It was too big to fit in the head so he started reducing it on the grind stone, his apprentice asked why there was no sparks. With a look of horror the mechanic said well spotted, go to the stores and ask for a box of blue sparks, which he did. He never lived it down.

Didn’t get sent to the stores for a tin of stripy paint or a bubble for a spirit level then!

• Haha 1

My first job after leaving the RAF was as a maintenance fitter in a plastic bottle factory.The operators had brass rods to clear jammed bottles.

I was horrified to see them grinding the chisel points on a grindstone.  No one seemed to see the danger that flakes of brass or other non ferrous metal could fly off the grindstone and embed themselves in flesh. That would have got you on a charge in the RAF.

41 minutes ago, Paul De Tourtoulon said:

breast.jpg

ricky.jpg

Many years ago I gave my daughter some invaluable advice "When dealing with people just remember that, by definition, just under half of the population are of below average intelligence".

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Shaun Walsh said:

Many years ago I gave my daughter some invaluable advice "When dealing with people just remember that, by definition, just under half of the population are of below average intelligence".

Over the years that has increased to well over half.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

Does that include the ones that don’t understand distribution curves and statistical analysis?

No, but it does include people who believe politicians, accountants and those who work in social media.

:classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Shaun Walsh said:

But it's always even better to be be beware of averages by remembering that over 99% of the population have more than the average number of legs. My father, for example, had only one and three quarter of them.