Ebay sellers...

• 2 months later...

I’m reading this thread with interest.

I just sold a plane on eBay, the first selling I have entered in for a while.

I could not believe how much they took off me for the privilege. Sold for £97 I received £84. When I contacted 

them to discuss the fee’s they sent me a breakdown of their costs.

I will not be selling on eBay again.

1 hour ago, Tom Flynn 1 said:

I’m reading this thread with interest.

I just sold a plane on eBay, the first selling I have entered in for a while.

I could not believe how much they took off me for the privilege. Sold for £97 I received £84. When I contacted 

them to discuss the fee’s they sent me a breakdown of their costs.

I will not be selling on eBay again.

to make it worse, if the chap you sold it to smashes it to bits he can claim it was not as described and ebay will refund him the 97 quid without your permission. Its why i dont use ebay any more. 

So it’s worth £40?

Trick is getting his price. He paid stupid money after all. 
His customers, willing to build, Clarke C flat wings, might think it’s excessive. Rare because it wasn’t that great in the first place. And I remind how hit and miss kits were then.
And the less educated might think the offerings from the likes of Dancing Wings, at a quarter of the price more like it. Not advocating Dancing Wings either, but at least the laser cut bits are to size. 
Now, I have a 1980 Multiplex  6 channel transmitter, some 80 gram servos, receivers. RARE. Give me £400, and I will even smuggle it out of the EU, to get it to you. No E bay fees. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19.09.2022 at 20:53, Jon - Laser Engines said:

что еще хуже, если парень, которому вы его продали, разбивает его на куски, он может заявить, что это не так, как описано, и ebay вернет ему 97 фунтов стерлингов без вашего разрешения. Вот почему я больше не пользуюсь ebay. 

and it turns out that the money will be withdrawn from your account?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dangerous model for sale. Its been assembled without the wing joining spar so any attempt to fly it will result in failure of the wings. You can see the spar in one of the photos of the accessories. I was reading up the instructions and they do not show a photo of the main spar installation so its really easy to miss. 

Not an issue for me, i can fix it, but an accident waiting to happen if folk arent looking closely. Seller notified, not sure what he will do. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155282396901?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20211130125621%26meid%3Dd84f16b1759f49d1988b23128db2a642%26pid%3D101465%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D155282396901%26itm%3D155282396901%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D3817808%26brand%3DTop+Flite&_trksid=p3817808.c101465.m3507