Ebay sellers...

2 hours ago, Jon - Laser Engines said:

Jon, you can edit the link to delete everything after the item number and before the ?

Looks like a good candidate for the 'courier confiscated my model engine and I want £630 compensation' scam.......

9 hours ago, Jon - Laser Engines said:

First, its not a 100 but a 70. second....the price

Ah, but it appears to have never been run (outside of the factory). Not a mark on it.

Therefore it could now be considered a collectors item or museum piece.

Seeing what some Chinese buyers pay for old cracked pots it could be considered a bargain.

🤣

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Andy Stephenson said:

People used to buy those because of the nostalgia of owning a diesel. Someone in our club bought one but had it converted back to glow because of the high compression causing a loud knocking sound.

Yea the knock on acceleration was normal but they would knock like crazy if run hot. They were not easy to use but ran really well if set correctly

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

To be fair it isnt that bad. I have seen plenty worse that have been considered 'airworthy' 

it looks like a db barnstormer 72 and they are just over 200 quid as a plan pack with the sheet/strip wood. Not sure a £50 saving is worth having a tatty model vs new though. 

• 1 month later...