Autumn's here, who's been flying?

Bit of a tardy update as we flew today while the weather slowly deteriorated into rain by midday, but squeezed 5 flights and three coffee breaks in so a good morning overall. It also included a couple of training flights for Brian with steady improvement.

WooHoo coped well with the wind (2 flights) Kingfisher two flights and the T33, just harder to see with the grey sky!

image.thumb.png.a965e8401a56a71ae639504e45fc89cf.png

A couple of weeks before and after fitting the upgrade kit to the silver P38 it was time to compare, needless to say the improvement in speed is very noticeable (I'' post the technical stuff shortly)

And the Acrowot was given a good thrashing and good fun it was 

image.thumb.png.cae137cea8b1b387246ccbd642789fcd.png

• Like 6

Advert

My nephew and his family live in Jersey.  I bet they could all have flown yesterday without any trouble.  All they've suffered is a few fence panels according to his text.  He's probably glad he isn't still flying Merlin helis for the RAF though in those conditions!

I managed to get some flying in at my new flying site and despite all the rain the ground was still good to fly off.

I Lots of models that I have not flown for a while, My Guppy( own design) sadly did no fly as the battery did not last long before it started to die at least I got to run the Engine.

I flew my SaS Thing which was a blast.

Nearly did not fly my Yellow tail Mustang as I had forgot to take my Deans to XT60 connector, Lucky one of our club members had one I could Borrow. 😀

I did not fly my Discus Glider, Just dint get around to it.

I flew my Swift power glider (own design)

I flew my HobbyKing TL2000

Oh I also took my Lidl Autogyro.

All in all I had a good days flying.

Steve.

• Like 2

Decent flying conditions this afternoon, if a little cold and very damp underfoot, but enabled us to get some good flying done. Highlight was a first public outing for Bob's own design depron Buchon 109, based on the Cambrian Me109 funfighter, but entirely crafted from depron. The Buchon flew superbly and looked great in the air,

1717960412_BoBBuchon-3.thumb.jpg.86aa9c55232ac18fd093cf0dd9c3c4ab.jpg

• Like 7

Yes, I know what you mean.  It's strange when I watch all the weather reports across the UK and Ireland on television and see the destruction and flooding that is causing havoc to people's lives. Meanwhile here where I live and today I'm talking about the 4th of November   at the flying field it was like a Summers day.  Zero wind and sunshine.  Yes it was cool at 10 degrees but other than that it was a fantastic day for flying.  We just were lucky.  

I wasn't expecting to get out today but half a dozen of the Epsom Downs crowd registered on our little web page. A bit windy, but around 3pm it eased and the sun came out. Only downside was some so-and-so with an uncontrolled dog got within 50 yards and the dog comes running over. Jumps over two of my models and completely breaks the foam wing of one. The so-and-so just continued walking until our chairman ran over to him and insisted he come over to me and at least apologized. I didn't accept the apology because it wasn't sincere. I pointed out that YOU dog owners should have it on a lead if you can't control it. There are kids around. In the past I've had sandwiches snatched from a duffle bag and eaten, dogs urinating over models. Makes me mad. End of rant.

• Like 1

You have my sympathies. We had similar with a dog owner on the slope a few years ago. The dog ran up to the models (on the ground) and jumped over one. Goodness knows what possessed her but the owner, a not particularly fit looking lady, followed her dog and proceeded to jump over the model too. She slipped and only just made it. 

No flying at the power field today, t’was too windy really, and a bit damp too 😁

F1E62A7F-CF2D-4D73-AD46-55F7CED06C61.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, David Ashby - Moderator said:

You have my sympathies. We had similar with a dog owner on the slope a few years ago. The dog ran up to the models (on the ground) and jumped over one. Goodness knows what possessed her but the owner, a not particularly fit looking lady, followed her dog and proceeded to jump over the model too. She slipped and only just made it. 

No flying at the power field today, t’was too windy really, and a bit damp too 😁

F1E62A7F-CF2D-4D73-AD46-55F7CED06C61.jpeg

No float planes David?

• Like 1