Sign of the times - funnies * Remember this is a family friendly forum and inappropriate postings will be removed without warning.

ken anderson.

My partner used to work in a branch of a large supermarket chain and a story went round of a chap at a checkout with 4 trays of tinned dog food. An old lady in front of him turned round and said...."Oh my, you must have a big dog"......"Not really" he replied..."I am a chef at an old people's home".

The queue apparently erupted in laughter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Peter Miller said:

Pilot.jpeg

Closer to reality than we think?   

Will the Tempest be unmanned?
The Tempest will be a sixth-generation jet fighter incorporating several new technologies including deep learning AI, ability to fly unmanned, swarming drones, directed-energy weapons, virtual cockpit in helmet and hypersonic weapons. £2 billion was earmarked until 2025.

The BAE Systems Tempest is a proposed sixth-generation jet fighter aircraft that is under development in the United Kingdom for the Royal Air Force (RAF). The aircraft is intended to enter service from 2035, gradually replacing the Eurofighter Typhoon. It is being developed as part of the Future Combat Air System (FCAS) programme by a consortium known as "Team Tempest", which includes the Ministry of Defence, BAE Systems, Rolls-Royce, Leonardo, and MBDA UK. £2 billion is planned to be spent by the British government on the initial phase of the project up to 2025.[1]

Both Italy and Sweden signed a Memorandum of Understanding in 2020 committing to explore collaboration on the FCAS programme.[2] The UK and Japan announced they are working together on the joint development of engine and radar demonstrators. This was followed by an announcement in December 2022 of the Global Combat Air Programme; a collaboration between Italy, Japan and the UK for a sixth-generation fighter aircraft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul De Tourtoulon said:

319853808_5804808732890755_1373293213304983065_n.jpg

I was once in a 15 seater twin engine aircraft behind Concorde on the taxiway at Heathrow airport. Concorde moved on the runway to take off and we were behind and to one side, when Concorde's engines opened up for take of we were nearly blown off the taxiway and the noise was incredible!

2 hours ago, Brian Cooper said:

I asked the wife what she wanted for Christmas. 

She went all soft and soppy and asked me to get her something with diamonds in it. 

I got her a pack of playing cards.

It didn't go down very well. 

I asked the wife what she wanted for Christmas.

She said ‘Ooh I don’t know, get me something crazy and expensive I don’t even need’.

So I bought her a course of radiotherapy - Emo Philips (US actor and stand up comedian).

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1