Sign of the times - funnies * Remember this is a family friendly forum and inappropriate postings will be removed without warning.

ken anderson.

Advert

49 minutes ago, Peter Miller said:

WE had an adopted mongrel,a lovely dog but NOT tiny.  She decided that the only place to be was on my lap in the evening. She was so determined about this that she would happily lie there all evening with my typewriter on her back while I typed.

Funnily enough, when sitting up in bed, I rest my iPad on the side of the cat.....a bit like this

BCB24722-1ABA-4B72-9C6E-E67A009388EB.jpeg

Edited by cymaz
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Eric Robson said:

Seen on Facebook, one answer that had me in stitches.

From what I learned from the Internet is to take your phone out and video it.

Screenshot_20230813-194041_Facebook.jpg

When I was a teenager and helping out in the family radio/TV shop, a customer came in saying that all the electricity in the house had failed - including the TV.  He admitted he'd just fitted a new plug to his electric fire.  Dad sent me to investigate.  He had fitted a new plug; he'd also connected the wires to right pins in the plug; unfortunately he'd stripped the insulation so far back it was still bare where it left the plug!  I'd never seen it before and I've never seen it since.  There was effectively a solid fused copper bar across the mains which, fortunately had blown the fuse before any further damage!  Easy fix but ...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Geoff S said:

When I was a teenager and helping out in the family radio/TV shop, a customer came in saying that all the electricity in the house had failed - including the TV.  He admitted he'd just fitted a new plug to his electric fire.  Dad sent me to investigate.  He had fitted a new plug; he'd also connected the wires to right pins in the plug; unfortunately he'd stripped the insulation so far back it was still bare where it left the plug!  I'd never seen it before and I've never seen it since.  There was effectively a solid fused copper bar across the mains which, fortunately had blown the fuse before any further damage!  Easy fix but ...

That and the i-Thing charger are excellent examples of Darwinian principles.

BTC