Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Revived one of my late uncle's free flight models. His own-design, built in the 1980s, had a brushed (280?) motor spinning a hand-carved prop with power from little button NiCD cells inserted down a tube under the fus'. Flight duration depended on how much charge he gave the cells and he'd drafted a table of charging/flight duration times. I've used a 1S cell and a little widget devised by the very clever Chris Bott that has a little pot to vary motor run time and a micro switch to set it going. First flight as soon as we're let out. 

IMG_4082.thumb.jpeg.74e21123b882be8720f56213efff5beb.jpeg

IMG_4083.jpeg

• Like 3

Here's my rather nice Freewing Spitfire Mk IX.

Not much in the way of building, but I did give it the proper invasion stripes under the wing ( the kit supplies them for the fus but not the wings. ) and a little bit of weathering.

Overall a very nice kit, but the trailing edges of the wings had "bowed" a little in storage. Happily the flap servos put enough pressure in the up position to straighten them out. ( Mostly) without unduly stressing the servos.  Oh and the rather lovely looking stencil sheet is practically useless: the rub down transfers really don't want to leave the backing sheet. 

A good size at 48 ish inches ( 1.2m)  As yet unflown ( It was a Christmas gift ) 

Finished as Pierre Closterman's  aircraft. 

20210216_181628.jpg

20210216_181702.jpg

20210216_181721.jpg

20210216_181603.jpg

Edited by Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1
added info. ( kit )
  • Like 3

Not really   new models   ,built  nearly  20 years ago  but still not flown  ,only posted this   just to see  how easy   posting is  on this new forum layout.

Just for interest  the twin boom models  are  from a GTBA design  "lobbit"   and the delta  is   inspired  by the Finecraft deltas that were seen at 

Sandown   some years ago now.The    camouflaged  model has   home built Shreckling   engine in   not much thrust   but runs well.

John

Edited by John Pace
spelling

On 11/02/2021 at 20:05, Ron Gray said:

Went out again late afternoon 

Hi Ron, we seem to have some very similar models in our fleets. 

The first time I saw a Sinbad kit I had to buy one. It would be interesting to see how the anglewing kit compares to the Retro RC version I’ve built a couple of years ago apart from it a tad smaller.

Definitely going to put one of the anglewing kits on my birthday list.

Last tasks ticked off and ready to rumble. Brian Taylor P47 1:6.67 scale 72" span fitted with a Laser 180. AUW 17lbs / 7.7 kg.  C of G worked out spot on without any additional lead required.  I believe Brian's prototype was circa 15lbs, albeit on a Laser 150 and I don't believe he glass clothed his models. 10 months build time which would have been twice as long had I not spent so much time on furlough.

IMG_7164.JPG

IMG_7165.JPG

IMG_7166.JPG

IMG_7167.JPG

• Like 6