Is this weather ever going to get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigerman

Need a Sharman or witchdoctor to do a weather dance .This weather will just not give up .I am going crazy here in the UK .No flying now for 3 weeks and no sign of this weather improving .Never know such a long period with out a break in this windy/rain weather .Might have to look for a new hobby angryangrycrying

Posted by Jon - Laser Engines on 22/02/2020 17:05:29:

only 3 weeks? i have not flown since october. why do you think my hurricane, which has been ignored for 10 years, is now nearly finished?

Same here, and the last couple of years too. We seem to be in our third successive wet winter which makes our field unnavigable even with 4 wheel drive. Going by past years it will be at least April before it will be possible to drive onto the field, and more importantly, to mow it.

I seem to have around 19 airworthy models and I'm in danger of starting another ARTF just to keep up my enthusiasm for modelling.

Wet forever in France, but, copy of a post regarding life and death issues, rugby.

"Eyes down Ron. Best of luck. Now I had good weather to day. After a good week. Maidened a Panic last Saturday. Found 20 litres of diesel washed up by the floods. Fixed a favourite Flair D VII wot had been sitting forlorn forever. And today broke the Panic I maidened last week. Totally rhubarbed. Destroyed. Ran out of ideas and altitude. No lack of speed. So be careful what you wish for. I'll build another, at least I know the snags now.

Anyway, after seeing the second half of Italy Scotland, expecting better."

What are you all complaining about! Here in Essex my club has flown on at least 6 sessions in January...........then we lost both flying fields in the same week! ( not due to our flying but due to keeping gypsies off one site and houses being built on the other) The rest of you only have to wait for the weather to improve.........

Edited By kc on 22/02/2020 18:27:04

WE are lucky in that we have a fitted out mobile home as a club hut.

Fully furnished, clean and warm sitting room etc.

Club shop for all those must have bits.

Even when the weather is dire (as it has been for weeks), about 6-10 members meet at 10am every Sunday, for a catch up, bring a model, tea and buns etc.

These get togethers are brilliant.

Although we are not actually flying, we are doing the next best thing............talking about flying!.

Must stop on the way to the site for Battenburg today!

Posted by Colin Carpenter on 22/02/2020 17:44:15:

Six days flying in 3 months here in East Somerset. Too wet ! Windy ! Foggy when it's calm. Can't remember a winter like it since I started playing with toys in 69 !😵😵😵 Colin

Edited By Colin Carpenter on 22/02/2020 17:44:51

Colin, now be honest, we are far too young to have begun playing with toys in 69 !

Yes the weather all over the UK has been dire. We must remember it is Winter, better weather will arrive I,m sure. I class my self as a modeler. I build planes to fly. I use this bad spell to complete my Winter build, and upgrade, and maintain my other model ready for The Spring. We complain about the weather because we cannot fly, lets spare a thought for the people who are homeless due to the weather. I.ll get my coat. Cheers

Also haven't flown since October. The field's generally OK, just can't drive down the track to it. Committee claim owner won't allow the club to surface the track. Hmmm, we finally have a mole in the committee who intends to find out if that's exactly true or just apocryphal.

So, I've almost finished my Skystreak 32, built an FT 42" Spitfire and will be covering the Cub soon. When all that's done I might be able to navigate my Suzy Swift up the track without falling sideways into the big ditch! If not I was recently given a Black Horse Angel needing repair, fit out and finishing. But yes, model yachts are the next most involving sort of model and I do have a few of those up in the loft somewhere.

Martin