Legal Drone Flyer Threatened with Gun

EvilC57

33 minutes ago, kc said:

I expect burglars will be buying under 250 gram drones to locate best places to gain access or look to see if anything valuable is there to steal.   

Ehh, no.

Any self respecting burglar wouldn't jeopordise his/her professional reputation by buying a drone, they'd nick one. 

• Haha 5

Advert

2 hours ago, kc said:

We discussed this over at the flightline this morning and we decided that if the flyer had knocked at the neighbours door and said " I am going to photograph next door - would you like a free photo of your house? " the man's attitude would have been different!    But he invaded someones privacy!    No excuse for threatening with a firearm though.

I expect burglars will be buying under 250 gram drones to locate best places to gain access or look to see if anything valuable is there to steal.   

Too late mate, they have been using Google maps for years. All sorts of scrote activities. How about finding your ornamental carp gone in the morning. Thank google maps. They ain’t stupid, just not inclined to work. Please, no observations as to who is stupid. Possibly me. I don’t know the answer. 

27 minutes ago, Don Fry said:

Too late mate, they have been using Google maps for years. All sorts of scrote activities. How about finding your ornamental carp gone in the morning. Thank google maps. They ain’t stupid, just not inclined to work. Please, no observations as to who is stupid. Possibly me. I don’t know the answer. 

I would think ornamental carp are just as likely to be taken by herons or scooped up by next door's cat 🙂

5 minutes ago, Zflyer said:

You've never heard of "catmapping"

You therefore have no knowledge of the evil nature of cats. But in the cases I remember, what is known in the trade, as a clue, is the average cat, or even Top Cat, has never got the hang of boltcroppers and jemmies.. 

Guys, it is the Daily Mail doing the reporting. . .

They are unlikely to ever look favourably on drone flyers or people with guns. 

Even if they have the true facts at their fingertips, they will be unlikely to reveal them. 

They wouldn't want the truth to overshadow the opportunity of a shock headline.  

With a touch of creative reporting, they can kill two birds with one stone.... and can give their readers something to get enraged about during breakfast. 🙄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not so long ago on this forum, and I'm not going to point fingers here - you know who you are, there were people calling for the mutilation and death of anybody involved in causing chaos at Gatwick (particularly the man wrongly arrested and despite there being no evidence this drone flying  actually happened).

But now you're all condemning someone who basically had the same massive overreaction as you. I'm not saying waving a gun and making threats is a good thing at all, I'm pointing out that your entitled, self regarding, keyboard warrior hypocrisy is breath taking, and I am shocked but in no way surprised. 

30 minutes ago, Lima Hotel Foxtrot said:

Not so long ago on this forum, and I'm not going to point fingers here - you know who you are, there were people calling for the mutilation and death of anybody involved in causing chaos at Gatwick (particularly the man wrongly arrested and despite there being no evidence this drone flying  actually happened).

But now you're all condemning someone who basically had the same massive overreaction as you. I'm not saying waving a gun and making threats is a good thing at all, I'm pointing out that your entitled, self regarding, keyboard warrior hypocrisy is breath taking, and I am shocked but in no way surprised. 

At gatwick the drone pilot was acting illegally, irresponsibly and putting people at risk. In this case, our gun wielding angry man has done the same thing. Even if the drone flight in this case was illegal, Mr Angry still broke the various firearms laws and deserves the flak. 

I would imagine the mods would firmly squish anyone attempting to insight violence on the forum and i cant recall that being something i read during either debate. i also dont remember a thread where we were all sat there polishing our guns and preparing to head out for some vigilante 'justice'. 

I cannot for one moment imagine that anyone here would be fool enough to tackle a drone pilot flying over their house with a weapon of any kind so what point are you even trying to make? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EvilC57 said:

Was one ever actually found?

No idea, but i was basing my comment on the assumptions we were working under at the time. illegal drone at gatwick, legal drone flight with Mr Angry waving a gun, etc. 

If the illegal drone at gatwick turned out to be a low flying pigeon the comments made about the actions of the now non existent drone pilot would still be valid had there been one. 

We can only work with the information we have at hand and, as has already been said, the media control that. But, the video of Mr Angry is compelling enough on its own as there is no excuse* for that sort of behaviour. 

* the only justification i can see would be if the operator was using the drone as a weapon or had a weapon fitted to it. Even so, its probably best to let the police deal with it. 

1 hour ago, Lima Hotel Foxtrot said:

Dear oh dear, what a holier than thou attitude.  Drawing a comparison between what people write on a forum and actually threatening someone with a gun is ridiculous.

Laws were broken by the gun toting chap and it would appear even an assault. What I find appalling is the fact that once more an individual has not been charged with any of a number of offences, despite the video and audio clearly available and containing evidence.

Was the drone flyer acting unlawfully, that is an enquiry which could be undertaken by simple questioning.

AS for the Daily Mail trope, I have found that ALL media will produce an item which is never fully questioned, or if the facts don't fit the bias of the journalist then they get ignored.

3 hours ago, Zflyer said:

Laws were broken by the gun toting chap and it would appear even an assault. What I find appalling is the fact that once more an individual has not been charged with any of a number of offences, despite the video and audio clearly available and containing evidence.

Was the drone flyer acting unlawfully, that is an enquiry which could be undertaken by simple questioning.

AS for the Daily Mail trope, I have found that ALL media will produce an item which is never fully questioned, or if the facts don't fit the bias of the journalist then they get ignored.

Your point?

“Laws were broken”, who says, courts decide that. 
“What I find appalling”, actually this is a minor argument, it did not escalate, luckily mind, the age old concept, “honour  the risk” was not applied by either party. Once before computers, logs ended NHBI to describe this, “no human beings involved.”

“Was the drone flier acting unlawfully”, tell you something, I would be unhappy if some idiot overflew my garden at a level am aware of. I would expect to be notified, so a wife/daughter/granddaughter, might have clothes on. 

”As for the Daily Mail trope” I read the internet version every day, and it’s the only one that contradicted itself across one edition. It needs a truth checker for the date. As one of its ex editors observed, “delivering a daily dose of hate”. That’s the view of its Editor. Journalists are not all in one mold. 

Edited by Don Fry
Missing e

Well excuse me, laws were broken, the Police enforce them the Court administers the justice. It is appalling because we continually overlook the 'minor' infringements thereby doing away with respect for the law. As for the drone being flown unlawfully it may have been hence my query.

Heavens above the newspaper contradicts itself..

I see that there is an article in the Daily Mail concerning the poor state of Policing in the Country, I understand it is written by a former Police officer. I must get a copy and read it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1