Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

On 24/09/2023 at 07:40, Manish Chandrayan said:

Good to know that Paul. Looking at the pictures I could make out the flap servo hatch with a hole but no servo arm. Must be all concealed linkages. 

What kit is the Storch from? 

Happy landings 

Reckon its the Aviomodelli, as the one they do is also 91 sized. 

• Like 1

Latest B&Q foam creation:

A 1:1 scale model of the mini Yak that I managed to tent-peg a week or so back. I bought the little Yak from a clubmate, and it's been a go-to for about a year. It encouraged me to try new things, and you know what sometimes happens when you try new things...

These lightweight ARTFs are not built to crash. The poor broken body is respectfully included in the pictures. A moment's silence, if you please...

So, I made another one! Mostly from the 6mm black laminate floor underlay. I wasn't going to cover it, but the hinging was rather ugly, so I covered it in brown paper/ PVA. Painted with emulsion and a lick of water based varnish. 40" span, 2lbs 4Ozs with a 2200 3S pack...

Graham

miniyak 250923 01.jpg

miniyak 250923 02.jpg

miniyak 250923 03.jpg

• Like 10

My latest depron model, Not built by me but the master depron builder Eflightray, I also have his 104"span Lancaster,  his Dauntless and A10

Thunderbolt, Ray's health is not  good enough to continue flying. He said he did not  build scale models so the finish was what he wanted. It it 72"span and he used the Tony Nijhus free plan to build it, I flew it on Saturday with a 5s 5000 battery, it was designed for 6 but it flew great only 8lb in weight ready to go with a lump of lead to make up for the missing cell, 6s battery delivery due today. After 3 very successful flights and beautiful landings I  decided to paint it as a Mk 1. Ray used EF R as the codes on his planes so I will continue with that. It was a long journey to South Wales but well  worth it despite the 20mph.

20230926_105453.jpg

20230926_105410.jpg

• Like 9

Following my introduction to slope soaring last weekend I’ve not yet managed to sort a proper glider so I’ve repurposed an existing model which I printed as an experiment. It’s an Eclipson Model A now ready to be thrown off a hill this weekend, see how long it survives. 😀IMG_4593.thumb.jpeg.c17ab339dbd58b4084ae55e45f4726ce.jpeg

• Like 4

Hi pdb,

So I don't get shouted at....please could you post reply in the slope soaring section...

May I ask please, what made you get interested in slope soaring and why do you like it etc. etc. etc....

As to model damage, as long as the wings etc. don't fold, the only damage your model will get ( apart from collision which can happen,  even "flying a bird " ) is a bad landing, but you can practise making many "dummy runs" before your final commitment to landing, in long grass/bracken/heather etc. hopefully  😀

I made the mistake once of assuming the model had landed, skidding along the grass, so I let go of the sticks, to perform an unintentional " touch and go " !  Sailed out into lift just scrapping over the fence and tried again, successfully.

I said I wasn't going to buy any new planes for a while, but was going to replace some engines. A nice NIB Saito FA82A appeared on an auction site at a 'give-way' price........ No bidding war so Mr Postie delivered it a couple of days later.  So, what do I replace...... Prime candidate was the old SC91 in my Valiant. Then I flew it again, and was reminded that the engine and plane were already a perfect match.

Couldn't be bothered to fix my Ultrastick, so ordered this from Model Shop Leeds at a very good price.

1514216977_20230930_1109035926.thumb.jpg.69eed1b9802179b0771515985baca7bf.jpg

An oldie but a goodie, made even better by the 3D printed engine you can see.

Maidened it today - flies nicely with just 2 clicks of 'up' needed. Sadly, a loose spat limited it's airtime.

(There are now 3 of these, of various ages, in our small club - mine is the only noisy one!)

Edited by GrumpyGnome
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, GrumpyGnome said:

I said I wasn't going to buy any new planes for a while, but was going to replace some engines. A nice NIB Saito FA82A appeared on an auction site at a 'give-way' price........ No bidding war so Mr Postie delivered it a couple of days later.  So, what do I replace...... Prime candidate was the old SC91 in my Valiant. Then I flew it again, and was reminded that the engine and plane were already a perfect match.

Couldn't be bothered to fix my Ultrastick, so ordered this from Model Shop Leeds at a very good price.

1514216977_20230930_1109035926.thumb.jpg.69eed1b9802179b0771515985baca7bf.jpg

An oldie but a goodie, made even better by the 3D printed engine you can see.

Maidened it today - flies nicely with just 2 clicks of 'up' needed. Sadly, a loose spat limited it's airtime.

(There are now 3 of these, of various ages, in our small club - mine is the only noisy one!)

Ahh brilliant.  I have the same plane also which also has a Saito fourstroke.   You will really enjoy that plane and the sound of the Saito is just pure music to the ears.  The best of luck and happy landings.