Old Warden July Scale weekend - 22nd / 23rd

• Ron Gray changed the title to Old Warden July Scale weekend - 22nd / 23rd
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m a bit gutted as I was planning on flying the Hurri which I think is now fettled and does fly rather well with the 200 in-line. Still, as you say Jon, there is September’s do and I’m hoping that I may have the D VII for that.

Edited by Ron Gray

27 minutes ago, kc said:

explained a bit more how it happened

It would appear that the rad cap was not a very good fit! The mower started cutting out due to over heating so I opened the engine cover to clean out the sliding dust shield from the front of the rad. I must have knocked the rad cap when putting it back and it shot off covering my left arm with rather hot water!

3 hours ago, Ron Gray said:

It’s not something that I thought to check on the mower, or any other water cooled engine for that matter!

Not a bad night’s sleep but woke up to find this 🤮

image.thumb.jpeg.fad8d19315ef484c893124b077bd9e8f.jpeg

Blimey charlie, Sorry to hear your misfortune Ron, and I hope is clears up soon. I once had a burn blister in the middle of my back as a teenager whilst on holiday abroad.. when lanced, the liquid inside was so hot, it actually scolded the rest of my back !!.. so be careful buddy. Wishing you a speedy recovery

Edited by extra slim
mistype