We value your privacy pop-up on every page!!

Advert

4 hours ago, Geoff S said:

The Post Office Horizon software supplied by Fujitsu cost a billion pounds according to the ITV programme 'Mr Bates versus the Post Office' and no-one has disputed the cost so I assume it's correct.  That caused a lot more problems than the one we're complaining about.

The trouble is we rely on computers too much.  Watching the last part of Mr Bates v PO  made me think that if such things could occur -wrong balances due to bugs in the system ( at best! )  then perhaps we should all check that our bank statements, supermarket bills etc really do add up correctly!    I reckon most of us just believe the figures big companies send us.   Perhaps I will start by running my calculator over my gas and electricity bills calculations...........

• Thanks 1

When using Firefox I'm still getting this popup on every page , despite accepting the adversising cookie and saving preferences. Trouble is, my cookie preferences are not being seen as saved, as every time I go in, that reference is unchecked. However it all works nicely in the brave browser, whch I'm using as I type this.

Privacy box while annoying I can give them some leeway to fix - up to a point but its really getting annoying now.

Post fix was rapid 👍

However this privacy box thing is also preventing viewing any posted videos and that is annoying as it shares info words would take foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Phil Green said:

Isn't today the last day of Christmas, the 'season of goodwill' - and you lot want blood because theres a clicky thing on your toybox?  😂

Bah Humbug (for the last time this season).

8 hours ago, kc said:

The trouble is we rely on computers too much.  Watching the last part of Mr Bates v PO  made me think that if such things could occur -wrong balances due to bugs in the system ( at best! )  then perhaps we should all check that our bank statements, supermarket bills etc really do add up correctly!    I reckon most of us just believe the figures big companies send us.   Perhaps I will start by running my calculator over my gas and electricity bills calculations...........

My wife does just what you suggest and while banks, credit card and sales companies [ amazon ect] are pretty good,  electric/energy and telephone companies have to be watched. Can not say about water as on own supply.

I thought it was just my sef up ! Please techys get it sorted its really irritating and only on this site . Ive just looked at the little icon in the  corner and if you open it , yes its trying to sell you or the site owner a programme for so called site safety. 

Edited by Engine Doctor

Still popping away nicely (!) for me.......

Re big companies and Mr Bates - I think we all accept that mistakes will occur, but it's how companies (of any size) deal with resolving customer or employee issues that count.

Edited by Cuban8
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Phil Green said:

Isn't today the last day of Christmas, the 'season of goodwill' - and you lot want blood because theres a clicky thing on your toybox?  😂

yes we do want blood. Surely they can just delete the last update, ( In laymans terms of course) . Its always the users that get the hassle.

Edited by Basil

I am a little over annoyed so am apt to make a silly statement. The reason is I am not really computer tecnnic. When this first occurred I asumued it was some thing that had been precipitated by myself and spent a great deal of my time trying to overcome the situation, only to find it was not self caused. Thats my sense of annoyance.

Bas

The cookie consent module is something required by UK law apparently and if the website administrators are awaiting a reply from the module providers there probably isn't much more they can do to speed things along.

When we all pay good money for dedicated IT support we will have good reason to moan about not testing updates on a live system....until then it's hardly a big thing is it.

11 minutes ago, GrumpyGnome said:

Yes, from May 2023. But it's per site, not per page, so it doesn't have to be like this.

Admin tech screwed it up then?  All I see is a white rectangular box in the lower left corner of the screen, I would say I hardly notice it, it's less intrusive than the RCM&E advert in the middle at the bottom of the screen. Opera with ad and tracking blocker.

495168554_whitebox.thumb.jpg.1ffc7d71fbba417d43b761b8ee216133.jpg

28 minutes ago, Tim Kearsley said:

It's a forum about toy aeroplanes, not some business-critical, life-supporting system, calm down for goodness sake!

Tim. You're obviously a member of the younger generation.

🤣

• Haha 1