We value your privacy pop-up on every page!!

These sort of technical problems and any associated policy decisions are the responsibility of the magazine publisher.

We all hope for an early resolution but continuing to post here won’t speed it up. In reality, less than two business days have elapsed since it was reported to the offshore based hosting team so let’s keep our fingers crossed for resolution in the near future.

• Like 5

Personally I'm not finding seeing this as an issue that wud spoil my enjoyment in reading and partaking in forum discussions and I'm confident the PTB's will get it sorted ASAP in due coarse

NOT A PROBLEM.jpg

Edited by GaryW

For me its Ron's videos that still won't play having tried reject all and only essential. No way am I accepting all as is my right and should not be penalized if that's the case.

image.thumb.png.41c06060543ab288d284a9278c49913d.png

50 minutes ago, Engine Doctor said:

Just checked in and seems to be ok now and behaves after clicking it once. Thanks to whoever sorted it .👏

Yes, looks like it is fixed now.

Thanks to the techies who sorted it out - now back to your usual programmes. 😎

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Basil said:

Hi, can someone tell me WHY do we need this cookie thing in the first place ?. What does it do for us, that would not occur if it was absent?.

Bas

It's a requirement for all websites to give the choice for users to decide which cookies they are happy to accept. It came in several years ago and has always been an annoyance.

57 minutes ago, leccyflyer said:

It's a requirement for all websites to give the choice for users to decide which cookies they are happy to accept. It came in several years ago and has always been an annoyance.

But why do we need cookies anyway. Our site is not commercial, and the only choices we make are about what we view or contribute too. I dont understand!!!! I dont remember it prior to this mishap.

Bas

Edited by Basil

Cookies is a way of making the use of a regularly visited web site a more pleasant experience.  Do you really want to go through the hassle of logging in every time you come here?  If you use (say) eBay, without cookies, you would have to remember your username and password every time you visited.  The requirement to alert visitors to a website that it stores cookies on the user's PC has been a requirement for many years but normally the warning pop-up appears just once; here it's 'popped-up' on every page change which most of us found irritating.  Fortunately, it's now not the case.

• Like 1

Let us hope now that the fiddlers will fiddle only on an off-line test system and not on the live system

Also so that in the event of a regression that the last working version (carefully stored) will be restored instantly

1 hour ago, Basil said:

But why do we need cookies anyway. Our site is not commercial, and the only choices we make are about what we view or contribute too. I dont understand!!!! I dont remember it prior to this mishap.

Bas

You need cookies to keep your visits to the site in some semblance of order, to know which threads you have viewed, which are new, to prevent you having to log on with your user names and password every time that you visit the site. Cookies are not new, they have been around for years. You will certainly have had to choose from those three options the first time that you logged on here, you just don't remember having done so, but you definitely did.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jon - Laser Engines said:

No, its not. In fact its just rude and selfish. The mods know its broken, they are working on fixing it. What more needs to be said? I am sure their attention span is sufficient to remember they need to fix it and perpetual whinging will not enhance their mood or increase their speed. 

Its a popup, a tiny insignificant window that chills out in the corner of the screen. Just ignore it. I cant even begin to understand why this is such a big problem. The thought of anyone being so fragile that a malfunctioning popup on a toy aeroplane forum is causing such distress that they might leave is utterly ludicrous to me. Honestly what's next? Tears at Tesco as your favourite brand of biscuit has been out of stock for a few days due to floods? The staff perplexed as you sniffle out of the door saying you are going to Sainsburys from now on. 

Its just pathetic. 

Im complaining about complaining, so do i get double points? 

Exactly, particularly when the shrieking is largely from a generation given to waxing lyrical about "geTTing oN with it liKe WE  did iN the bLitz" but demanding the firing of someone for ...THIS. Seriously some of you need a word with yourselves. 

Edited by Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1

16 minutes ago, Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1 said:

Exactly, particularly when the shrieking is largely from a generation given to waxing lyrical about "geTTing oN with it liKe WE  did iN the bLitz" but demanding the firing of someone for ...THIS. Seriously some of you need a word with yourselves. 

Well, I'm 84 on Friday and I'm fairly au fait with technology (though I choose which to bother with) as was my grandfather who dealt with the high tech of the late 19th/early20th centuries which were clocks and watches and my father who sold radio and TVs and was a HiFi enthusiast and made loudspeaker enclosures and even a turntable.  So we oldies aren't all thick.  There were very few computers for my teenage peers so we invented them (well some did 🙂 )

I was alive during the blitz but I don't remember much about it but I certainly remember the rationing that followed and remained long after the war ended.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Geoff S said:

Well, I'm 84 on Friday and I'm fairly au fait with technology (though I choose which to bother with) as was my grandfather who dealt with the high tech of the late 19th/early20th centuries which were clocks and watches and my father who sold radio and TVs and was a HiFi enthusiast and made loudspeaker enclosures and even a turntable.  So we oldies aren't all thick.  There were very few computers for my teenage peers so we invented them (well some did 🙂 )

I was alive during the blitz but I don't remember much about it but I certainly remember the rationing that followed and remained long after the war ended.

Mr S, I promise I wasn't referring to you. Aside from anything else, I didn't see you demanding someone be fired :-) I helped with my schools first computer in 1974 ( it was bui;t by one of the teachers in a massive plywood box with an 8 light readout ) 

Poor choice of words, I should have said a "Type" rather than a generation. And also that the sort of person I am talking about was generally nowhere near the blitz chronologically. 

Edited by Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1
  • Like 1