We value your privacy pop-up on every page!!

5 minutes ago, David Holland 2 said:

Am I going to need to “reject all” every time I use the website from now on or is work happening in the background to get rid of the stupid bleep bleep thing. 

No, not if you click "Save My Preferences" after clicking the "Reject all" button.

image.png.6d1dff4e5850cb1c6e48b365302d6a60.png

No that doesn't work for me trying to watch Ron's video's.

Reject all - refresh - still please accept cookies

Essential only- Save my preferences- refresh - still please accept cookies

Accept all - plays

Back to reject or essential - still please accept cookies.

Now forcing someone to accept all the marketing/tracking etc. I am pretty sure is illegal, very annoying and I refuse to be bullied.

If it's just me then how do I fix it - win 11/chrome. If not come on 🤞

Edited by Ace
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Andy S, I have nothing against some cookies as they can be beneficial in improving browsing, what I do object too and apparently the law agrees is the mining of non functional data against my wishes. 

Changing browser or installing an ad blocker are last resort options. I see installing them as an own goal for Mortons if they fail to rectify the issue promptly, as that would mean all their banner advertising top/bottom would be rendered useless and they would still have no data.

It's not just Ron's but Steve Colman's last one is also a non player.

Mod's is it just me or are Mortons fixing this or not bothering ?

A halfway-house between accepting cookies and rejecting them is to have your browser to wipe them every time you close it down but this means you have to accept them each time you view that site.

Whether this has any effect whilst being on the web when not having visited that site in your current session IDK. Any techies out there who can confirm this or not.

Use Brave browser, because even if you accept cookies it somehow frustrates the system.

I have no problem with cookies either, state or tracking. 

Google knows everything there is to know about you already, that boat sailed long ago :) 

28 minutes ago, Andy Stephenson said:

Whether this has any effect whilst being on the web when not having visited that site in your current session IDK.

If you've deleted them, and then visit an unrelated site , your browser wont have a cookie to pass on to an external reference such as (say) a FB like button.  Its your browser that forwards the cookie if one exists for the externally referenced site -if its deleted it cant.

Online activity would be really frustrating without cookies, http being stateless every exchange is independent, not influenced by any previous exchange  :)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, john davidson 1 said:

Another vote for Brave browser, it seems to do things in a different manner but much better on You Tube , it blocks all the interrupting  ads which seem to be getting more intrusive

I use Opera browser. I've been using a private browser window to watch YouTube, it allows me to keep the inbuilt ad blocker running and still watch YouTube content. The down side is you have to log in to sites every time you access them in a private window so I keep two browser windows open, one private and one normal and choose which one to use (normal normally but private for YouTube). however, I notice that YouTube has now reverted to not insisting you allow advertising and can watch YouTube in a normal window without the nag screens. Let's see how long that lasts!

I also have no problem with the cookie consent icon on here, but I do have decent real estate on my screen and very rarely try to view anything on a mobile.

Edited by FlyinFlynn
add a comment

@Outrunner some whole clips embedded play but those linked to YT still don't for me here in Yorkshire. I think that's why some do and majority don't so

still can't watch Ron's FW190 build without accepting all.

On 13/01/2024 at 14:45, Phil Green said:

Google knows everything there is to know about you already, that boat sailed long ago 🙂

"True" They obviously know a great deal but certainly not as much as if I didn't try and restrict what I give away so someone else can monetize my data.

Been told the cookie issue has been sorted - errrm I think not as now:

Videos are not displayed now nor is the banner accepting cookies- blank space
If you check reject all or necessary/functional still no video appears.
Only accept all will the video appear and then play.
Then when I came to post a reply I could not until I accepted all - now changed back to necessary/functional 😭
Mods can you please flag it to IT  
  • Like 1

Dear Moderators

Just to add to Ace's comment today I found the following behaviour --

I thought that I would explore the silly blue button at left

I turned everything off and why not I ask?

The result is that if Analytics is turned off then all pictures disappear and further "more posts" cannot be loaded.

If "analytics is re-enabled then the pictures and more posts return to "normal"

This whole business is beyond a joke or is it the intended behavior?? even worse.

It is clear that the Fantom Fiddler just does not have enough knowledge to do the system maintenance properly

Please get a commitment from the Fantom Fiddler to restore a working backup immediately - oh I forgot he does not believe in backups.

Please get a commitment from the Fantom Fiddler NEVER to fiddle with a live system and never to update the working system without a lengthy off line test that has been successfully completed.

This has now been going on for weeks! When will it be sorted. Please do not reply "soon" a specific date is requested.

Please don't try to minimize the effects of so small a temporary tiny bug - it is symptomatic of an attitude

• Like 1

There appears to be a new development on the site.  In addition to the video issue, it no longer seems to function fully unless you accept all cookies. 

I have flagged this to be raised with the forum owners/technical team - please be aware that at this point we don’t know whether this is a policy decision or the result of technical issues but we will update here as we learn more. 

The moderators have no management of, or involvement with, how the owners decide to operate this platform so expressing opinions here is pointless. 

All the thread reply buttons have ceased working for me, if I used Chrome on my PC. As have anything like "edit" or the reaction buttons, or quote - all gone.

The same is true on my mobile using the phone's browser.

I'm on a different pc for now, using the microsoft browser, but, I can't use that on my main PC, so I'm effectively now unable to post...

Edited by Nigel R
  • Like 2

I have been unable to post all morning - see post from Martin Harris Moderator about an hour ago. Seems it was linked to the cookie issue.

Happily the problem seems to have been resolved as I am now able to post again 👍

Dick

• Like 1

I have again been told its all working 🤞

So tried it out to watch Ron's videos.

Firstly I can now see them again👍

Reject all - nothing

Necessary - nothing

Necessary + functional only - plays

And obviously post reply now works.

Happy bunny 🐇🐇🐇 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...