I’ve had a stroke at age44 last week!

The body has amazing powers of recuperation - I couldn't even dress myself for several weeks after they'd delved about inside me, but steadily and slowly, things get better as you'll find, Matty.

Can't say I'd be much good at knocking up concrete by hand any more, but I can manage most tasks providing I take my time and don't rush about as before.

Matty

Ali I can say is trust the medics, do what they tell you to do, eat properly and keep as fit as possible.

In my early 60's I suffered mild pains in the chest and a shortness of breath. After a blood dye X-ray it was diagnosed as mild angina caused by a narrowing of an artery close to the heart. Possibly a hereditary condition as my Dad suffered the same but then like many of his generation he smoked all his life. The medical advice was if left untreated a heart attack would follow sooner or later. 

I responded well to a "cocktail" of drugs which I still lake daily 15 years later. The only problems now are the normal effects of old age.

• 4 weeks later...

And in my 6th week of rehabwhtomorrow I’mmoving to another rehab centre t to continue my progress. In the last week I have stood unaided from my several timeschaand taken a few steps outside of the parallel bars with a stick for support!  This is where I am off to, in sunny St Neots… 

Edited by MattyB
  • Like 5