The Big Question ?

RICHARD WILLS

What do I like about your other stuff, well it applies to them all really, they assemble very easily and for me leave room for embellishments plus they fly right out of the box with very little trimming required. So it's really capturing those elements but incorporating them in even easier to build models that have an 'expendable' feel to them, in other words if I break it it's not the end of the world as a) I can repair it b) I can buy another one and it will still end up cheaper than the equivalent eFlight etc rendition. 

As for what next, I love the Hellcat, Wildcat and Bearcat plus there's the venerable Zero. Regarding multis, I've got to say it before everyone else does, Mossie!

21 minutes ago, Ron Gray said:

What do I like about your other stuff, well it applies to them all really, they assemble very easily and for me leave room for embellishments plus they fly right out of the box with very little trimming required. So it's really capturing those elements but incorporating them in even easier to build models that have an 'expendable' feel to them, in other words if I break it it's not the end of the world as a) I can repair it b) I can buy another one and it will still end up cheaper than the equivalent eFlight etc rendition. 

As for what next, I love the Hellcat, Wildcat and Bearcat plus there's the venerable Zero. Regarding multis, I've got to say it before everyone else does, Mossie!

Too late Ron, already done😄

As a newcomer to the WR cult I can say what prompted me to take the plunge: a fun project that will (hopefully) look the part without being too big a task that it becomes overwhelming. Add to that flight characteristics that shouldn’t be too scary for a not-too-talented pilot due to the low wing loading and seems like a great combination of virtues. Icing on the cake is ability to add retracts later. 
As to what next - another Mossie vote, plus I’ll ask for a Sea Fury (the LA7 painted in RAF colours could almost pass off for one, now I come to think about it). And a P47 - razorback only please. 
Roll on Christmas!

Future models, Single engine:- BF109, KI-61, both have very wide colourful schemes to choose from, Aichi Val dive bomber (has fixed gear so no retrat issues) or something off beat like a Polikarpov Rata, that would be a scene stealer at the strip.

Twins:- Mitsubishi KI-21 Sally, Bristol Beaufort (interesting shape with fairly flat sides) or a kit of your HE111, much rarer in model form than a Mosquito, if someone wants one of those they are readily available from Balsa cabin or various ARTF models.

13 minutes ago, Trevor said:

The Ivan Pettigrew ones always fly well. They’re a plan build though and, since the plans are hand drawn, no real prospect of a laser cut set of parts.

Trevor

Ive flown the Pettigrew Mossie and his Chipmunk . My old friend Andy Gates is a prolific builder of his stuff and let me try his models . 

Very lightweight design and extremely forgiving to fly . The only problem is that they are quite stringered and open construction and for this group would need to be nearer scale . However , they do at least fly beautifully . Its interesting hear peoples wish lists. Obviously the Tempest will be enough to be going on with for now . But I do  need to whittle the future "full fat model " down to maybe , three options , which after consideration , I will put back to you as final vote . 

I still might veto it

because ........

I can 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I’ve always liked the Polish inter war gull wing fighters.

They:

have an existing survivor.

are pretty

no undercarriage issues. Can land in a hayfield half stalled. 
Have flown one, nice aerodynamics.

Spoiler, areas of corrugated finish. 
 I’ll slink away now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alan Hilton said:

What about a edf jet  ?

Have you come across jetworks? https://jetworks.online/

Foamboard based, and a usually (but not always)  a little smaller than @RICHARD WILLS offerings. However there are some real treats.

A notional balsa EDf jet is on my aspiration list.

As far as propeller warbirds go, I've decided there's nothing I particularly have the hots for over anything else, so am content to follow the crowd. Baaaa

Mossie, iconic, popular, but been done before although not many left around and a nice flyer would be good. So gap in the market

F82 as nothing around this size, but a bit marginal, but I would have one!

FW Ta154 Moskito, even more marginal, but would make a cracking fighter although it might need a slightly non scale wing

DH Hornet, possibility?

P38 has been done as a foamy, but then again why not

Tigercat, but foamy's are available

Ki-45?

Welkin or Wirlwind?

Only my opinion and I would love IC, but its dead at this size and to get the numbers it will have to be electric as the weight can be thinned without the multi vibrators attached to shake it to bits.

Single engine stuff, Corsair, Hellcat, Wildcat, Zero could be options

TBH I would have almost anything, but not an EDF (enough foam ones about) and I don't think Richard would be tempted with a biplane (again its getting the numbers) or could I be wrong?

Problem as I see it, Richard produces quick build  kits the majority of model types requested to get a creditable replica need planking which is time consuming and not a good introduction for someone looking for an easy build. Slab sided Mosquitos and Hellcats don't look right. Nor do conical Corsairs, I know  I have just planked one which is the only way to get the right shape.  Having said that there's still a lot to choose from but then what's  left  is not everyone's choice so a decent amount of kits need to be sold to make it worth while. I have always fancied an S M 79 Italian 3 engined aeroplane simple wing shape boxy fuselage and great colour schemes,  could even run on one motor with freewheeling props on the outer nacelles. But I think I will have to do it myself.

• Like 2